Planet Indigo is a surrealist 2021 calendar art project produced by Sita Abellán and photographer Carlota Guerrero. Each month of the calendar follows a squad of aliens from deep outer space who land upon a nearly destitute planet Earth. The planet’s resources are close to exhausted and humanity has turned against itself, so our all alien squad takes the situation into their own hands and commit to helping the fateful planet. Despite their inability to communicate with humans effectively and their lack of understanding of its societal constructs, our heroes work to aid humanity in the fight against social injustices and environment destruction by any means that they can.
Sita and Carlota wanted to use Planet Indigo as a way of using their artist talents to give back to charitable causes that they both care deeply about. All proceeds from the calendar (without costs of distribution + shipping) will go to Federación Estatal de Lesbianas, Gays, Transexuales y Bisexuales (FELGTB), one of Spain’s preeminent charities fighting for LGBTQ equality and rights since 1992.
All the costs related to the creation and production of this calendar are sustained by Sita Abellán.
Printed in Italy by Grafica Antiga, with the following features:
- 12 sheets printed in 4/4 color offset on Gardamatt FSC paper of 200 gr.+ BIO matt lamination.
- Cover and back cover paper printed in 4/4 colors on 300 g Garda Matt FSC paper, BIO Matt lamination.
- Printed on FSC certified Gardamatt paper.
- Registered trademark, "Printed with the sun". This mark certifies that they have not produced and released CO2 into the environment thanks to the solar energy produced by photovoltaic systems generating "clean" energy.
- The ink is a product of plant origins.
- The plastic coated is BIODEGRADABLE & COMPOSTABLE, is made of a raw material which comes from vegetable sources. The material in nature is turned into water and biomass. Also, it breaks up into very small microparticles with very low ecotoxicity.
IMPORTANT! Please, note the external packaging of the calendar is made to respect the environment using only 100% ecological materials. Due to this, some minor damage may occur in transit with no plastic being used to reinforce it's packing however, the calendar on the inside remains perfect!